Jeep TJ Corner Guard Stretch Wheel Aluminum GenRight
This is the GenRight Off Road "Full" ALUMINUM STRETCH Corner Guard set for the Jeep TJ. These are a perfect upgrade to better protect your Jeepﾒs tub AND not add much extra weight!
This model is an ideal choice for anyone who is weight conscientious and wants to "Armor Up" their trail rig or cover previous damage.
It is best to select this model when stretching your rear axle back to keep the wheel opening centered over the re-located axle. Why do you need that? So you can maintain that clean factory look and be able to re-mount the rear flares.
- Wheel opening is moved back (stretched) 4" to fit with our EXT gas tank (GST2002).
- Laser cut from 3/16" thick 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy.
- The 90 degree bend is formed with a single "hit" die on a CNC press brake to assure this product matches the shape of your Jeeps tub.
- Stock wheel opening "shape" is retained (same) to still fit a standard TJ fender flare or the GenRight metal tube rear flare (TFR1000 or TRF1001) and remain street legal.
- Each set of panels has the factory mounting holes laser cut in for the tail lights, tailgate hinges and gas filler to make installation quicker.
- The mounting holes are pre-drilled and countersunk (we use 2 more mounting bolts than other brands) to secure the corner to the tub.
- Includes large 5/16" size countersunk Stainless Steel bolts (flush type) to securely mount our corners to protect your Jeeps tub and look clean!
- Includes a new molded plastic fuel bezel to allow the 4" shift backward of the wheel opening.
- Fits on top of most 6ﾔ tall after market 3/16ﾔ thick Rocker Guards (rock sliders).
Wheel base stretch is done with the suspension arms, not the traditional way of cutting the frame and body. The "stretch" corner guard is a clean cosmetic way to re-locate the wheel opening rearward to match the new rear axle location under the vehicle.
We recommend running our longer Stretch Rocker Guards (RCG-5002 or RCG-5003) to match the new re-located wheel opening. Stretch Mini boat sides Rockers are also available.
The stock license plate mounting holes have been REMOVED from the drivers side panel. Because the stock location is much to vulnerable. We recommend using our license plate relocation bracket/light kit to get the license plate moved into the center of the spare tire (LPM-4006).
This product requires drilling of the body/tub and some cutting of the factory sheet metal to properly mount them.
The stock rear flare mounting holes have been REMOVED from these panels. If you are installing rear flares, you will need to drill new mounting holes in the corner guard panel.
We offer a bolt-on (no cutting) LED tail light upgrade as an option.
Wheel openings (on corner guard and body) can be trimmed to fit bigger tires.
We do not make a model specifically for Hi-Fender flares, the wheel openings will need to be trimmed to match the tube flare (TFR-1020 or TFR-1021) by the installer.
The Full Corners are sold un-painted and should be fully fitted (then removed) for painting.
The same corner guard is also available in a less expensive steel version (CNR-2003).
Recessed or "Flush" type LED tail lights (LED1100) can be installed by cutting a 4-5/8ﾔ diameter hole.
We also offer a matching Aluminum Tub Panel Guard (TPG-2011).
We also offer this product in a BLANK with no wheel well, holes or hinge cut outs.
Sold in pairs.
Typical install time is 5 hours total.