Jeep TJ/LJ Crawler Comp Classic Gas Tank W/Skid Plate 15 Gal 7 Inch Stretch 03-04 GenRight
This is the 15 Gallon GenRight Crawler COMP Gas Tank to fit a Jeep TJ / LJ (2003-2004). It is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeeps wheelbase up to 7" of rear axle stretch (6" on Dana 60).
Let's face it if you are considering this model tank you are a pretty serious wheeler on 40's or bigger. You have big axles that need room and are focused on driveline angles and crazy suspension travel. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made for you! Besides this production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep so you can keep your rear cargo area and stretch your Jeep for incredible departure angles!
The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- 15 gallon fuel capacity (New 23 gallon model now available!).
- Smaller tank makes more room for BIG aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 7" of rear wheelbase stretch (with Dana 44)
- Mounts in stock tank location.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- New style 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Made in USA !
Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product WILL require changes to the last 14" of the exhaust tail pipe.
To install this tank, it might require a small (1") body lift.
Fits well with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars. Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 5", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
We offer two other models for wheelbase stretch; the EXT model for up to 5" of stretch and the ALIEN model for up to 9" of stretch.