Jeep JK Dual Gas Tank 20 Gal W/Skid Plate Rear Mount GenRight
Never hassle with transporting and transferring gas from gas cans again with the 20 gallon GenRight JK additional tank! This additional rear mounted tank is designed to occupy the rear space under the body where the factory muffler sits. This tank will give you a 600 mile range between fill ups! The extra 20 gallon tank increases your total capacity in a 4 door JK to 45 gallons! The nice part is you will not notice the extra gas tank since it is mounted under the body in the very rear of the vehicle and fills through the stock gas cap.
It was specifically designed to be mounted under the rear cargo area of a Jeep JK so you can keep the center of gravity low! This tank follows in a line of innovative and trail proven heavy duty gas tanks produced by GenRight.
The tank is not a "transfer tank" it is a completely redundant tank with it's own fuel pump that is switched by you from the dash. Both tanks tie back into the factory fuel and emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine light or have computer issues.
- Hangs no lower than the factory muffler did (does not hurt departure angle).
- Additional 20 gallon fuel capacity.
- Mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump module.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- Includes a 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate.
- Stainless steel hold down strap.
- Fits in both the 2 and 4 door JK models (2007 to Current).
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Patent Pending.
- Fully assembled fuel tank in a Heavy Duty skid plate.
- New factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- New tubing to adapt tank to new mounting location.
- New cargo area floor cover (BKT-8100).
- Dual tank wiring harness (GST-8100).
Requires the purchase of another factory Jeep fuel pump module (from Jeep dealer).
Because of the mounting location, installation of this product requires changes to the exhaust.
Requires removal of the rear floor tool storage area (in rear floor), but we provide a floor cover plate.
To install this product it does NOT require a body lift.
Requires removal of the stock sway bar, but will work with Currie "AntiRock" rear sway bars. Sold Separately.
Aftermarket Lifts, that use a different trac bar may be an issue, as the tank was designed to fit with the stock rear trac bar.
Can be used with factory tow hitch.
Driving range quoted above is calculated on 40 gallons at 15 miles/gallon.
For Off Highway Use in California.
NOTE: SHIPPING IS EXTRA. PLEASE GIVE US YOUR ADDRESS FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE