This is the new and innovative GenRight Twisted Pitman Arm kit to correct the angle issues inherent in hi-steer set ups (on long travel suspension systems using heims). We create a stronger double shear pitman arm that uses a beefier 5/8" size Grade 8 bolt that is twisted to allow the heim to work within it's range of motion.
This is a perfect compliment to any long travel suspension and is designed to be used with hi-steer type arms on Dana 60's, 44's or 30's. This Heavy Duty product will hold up to big tires and off-road abuse. Got a hydraulic ram? It will work with that too.
Still not sure you need this? You will find this product on every one of our GenRight Jeeps!
- "Twisted" to utilize the full (down) range of motion in a heim rod end.
- Laser cut & CNC bent from 1/4" thick steel plate.
- Design is puzzled together for maximum interlocked strength.
- Stronger than stock Double Shear design (1-3/4" wide).
- Includes 5/8" size Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Tapered spline is TIG welded into the GenRight Twisted arm.
- 5-1/2" center to center (same as stock TJ or YJ).
- Unique internal thread for easy removal from sector shaft (tool # STK-2520).
- Why Heim rod ends? We prefer the heims over the standard or heavy duty "tapered style" tie rod ends because, over the years we have seen the taper on the tie rod end SPLIT too many steel knuckles! This is the exact same steering set up we have used on our GenRight rigs for years, and it works great!
Designed to work with our frame side trac bar mount(s) TJ: FSM1004 & YJ: FSM1005 for ideal geometry.
Once installed, you must cycle the front suspension and steering to make sure the hi-misalignment heims do not exceed their range of motion which would damage the steering components!
Requires a 7/8" shank x 3/4" bore heim with hi-misalignment spacers that reduce to a 5/8" bore (sold separately).
Requires a 1" body lift to clear the radiator.