Tundra side steps make it easier to get out of your high and mighty vehicle. Every driver needs side steps to prevent the drama from a fall or slippage during entrance or exit.
These side steps might seem like an insignificant accessory, but it helps you gain stability and prevents possible injury.
For lovers of Toyota Tundra with big wheels, the higher your truck gets, the harder it becomes to get in or out. At this point, side steps are the best support upgrade to ease your stress.
In this review, we would highlight 9 Tundra side steps for the latest model of your Toyota Tundra.
Which is compatible with your vehicle? Find out as you read on!
Tundra Side Steps Buyers Guide
Side steps are some of the most beautiful and essential vehicle add-ons you need to secure your vehicle. They not only enhance the physical outlook of your car but also help you and other passengers to easily navigate in and out of the car without any fear of slipping off. Side steps are necessary, especially for vehicles like trucks, SUVs, and jeeps that tend to meter above ground level. You must have been racking your brain looking for the right tundra side steps for your vehicle. We provide you with a buyers’ guide that will make the task easier for you.
Know Your Budget
The prizes of side steps vary according to the pocket power. The prices range between $35 to $1000. If you need a classier and more durable side step with a beautiful layout, then you should be ready to pay the price. The choice is yours to decide what rocks your boat better.
If you want a customized aftermarket side steps that will give you a colorful and flashy look which will enhance the physical outlook of your car. Go for it! However, be ready to foot the cost.
The model of your car will determine how much you will need to get appropriate side steps installed on your vehicle. Toyota tundra side steps installation varies according to the brand and model that is compatible with your car.
You must know the right side steps that are a good match for your car. Four-door vehicles will need longer running boards to fit correctly on their frames, while two-door vehicles will need shorter side steps. Compatibility is vital in the search for the right accessories for your car.
If you need strong and robust side steps, then you have to ensure that you choose the side steps that are built with steel and aluminum, so they carry your weight without flexing. If you are going for quality and durability, ensure that your side steps can carry up to 400 lbs. You should also ensure you go for side steps that have some form of rust resistance.
About Your Preferred Brands Of Tundra Side Steps
Tyger Auto was ushered into the limelight in 2013 through a partnership with two professional bodies from Canada and the US. This group of automobile professionals produces some of the most classic and exotic car parts. Tyger Auto has its warehouse in California. Their superior quality car add-ons will give your car the physical outlook that is worth your money.
N-FAB is notably one of the best manufacturers of auto parts. Their auto parts are the most patented and stylistic parts you will find in the market. They’ve provided truck users and other brands of vehicles with high ground clearance and quality side steps that will give cars and trucks the desired drivability and comfort.
Bully provides one of the best running boards with quality materials. Their products are made from aluminum without any soldered joint, and they are strong enough to carry heavy-weight objects. Their running boards are built to provide adequate comfort to the driver and other passengers as they get in and out of the truck. Their running board designs are superb, and their accessories are compatible with many vehicles.
Max-Mate is an auto part manufacturing company which deals with accessories – brake pads, side steps, security alarms, bug shields, nerf bars, and door handles. This company was registered on 12 September 2017. Since its emergence, it has been one of the best producers of aftermarket auto parts.
The Best 9 Tundra Side Steps For 2020 - Best Products Quick Reference Table
1. Best Side Step for 2004 Toyota Tundra
BBS-1101S Toyota Tundra Side Steps Aftermarket
2. Best Crew Max 2015 & 2014 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
T1360R Toyota Tundra Side Steps by N-Fab
3. Best Crew Max 2008 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
Tyger Auto Star Armor Side Steps
4. Best 2000 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
RBP Chrome Universal Sidestep
5. Best Double Cab 2016 – 2018 Tundra side steps
TG-AM2T20018 Star Side Steps
6. Best for 2017 Tundra Side Steps
RISER Side Steps by Tyger Auto
7. Best 2008 – 2017 Toyota Tundra side steps
TG-RS2T40168 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
8. Compatible with 07 -20 Toyota Tundra
MaxMate Silver Tundra Side Steps
9. Best 2020 Toyota Tundra side steps
APS iBoard Side Steps
The Ultimate Guide to The Best Tundra Side Steps
1. BBS-1101S Toyota Tundra Side Steps Aftermarket — Best for 2004 Toyota Tundra
This universal sidestep made by the Bully brand is available in two coats – lackluster black finish and polished silver aluminum. The single side step is a budget-friendly upgrade for your Toyota Tundra, and it is made of an aluminum cast. However, the step surface of these 2004 tundra side steps is plastic made. It is a lightweight side step, and it wouldn’t add unnecessary weight to your car, but it can withstand a weight capacity of about 300lbs.
- Lightweight: These Toyota tundra side steps are incredibly light and cause no pressure on your vehicle or gas mileage. They add no extra weight to your vehicle.
- Universal fit: The Bully sidestep can be used for any vehicle application. It is not custom-designed for any specific vehicle.
- Low – Priced: Compared to the price of other Toyota Tundra side steps, this is relatively economical. At a low budget, you can still provide an entrance and exit foothold support for your car.
- Adjustable Height: Its height can be adjusted to suit your needs. If your vehicle is high, you can tweak its size to fit the setting that would be comfortable for you.
- Solid build: It is made of an aluminum cast, making it sturdy for your use.
- Inclusion of Hardware & Guide: Everything needed to install this side step is in its packaging.
- Single-step: It is not a complete set. You might need to order another step for the other side of your car.
- Cheap Hardware Material: The material used for the bolts and screws are cheap and would not hold tightly to the sidestep. It falls off quickly.
- Instruction Overload: The guide contains too many instructions that could bore drivers and confuse them.
- Modifications: It’s a universal fit; ease in installation differs for several vehicles. Some vehicles might require drilling and other changes for a perfect fit.
The Bully side step is a universal and affordable fit for your Toyota Tundra. Although you might have to order another step for both sides, it is lightweight and wouldn’t add weight to your car.
- Universal fit
- Low – Priced
- Adjustable Height
- Solid build
- Hardware &
- Single step
- Cheap Hardware Material
- Instruction Overload
2. T1360R Toyota Tundra Side Steps by N-Fab – Best crew max 2015 & 2014 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
These pair of side steps are available in glossy black and matte black finish. They were produced from a total welded construction, and their seat plate is designed with a metal dimple. It is a running board that covers the length of your car from the back of your front wheel to the front of your rear wheel. It is the best fit for 2014 & 2015 Toyota Crew Max
- Stability in all weather conditions: These Rock Warrior 2012 Toyota side steps provide the stamina you need when getting out of your car in all weather conditions. It is solidly built to achieve that.
- Warranty: There is a five-year warranty covering the finish of these steps. Great news for drivers!
- Quality finish: These side steps are produced through a four-stage powder finish to achieve durability.
- Bolt-on Install: These 2013 Toyota Tundra side steps involve a DIY simple installation process.
- Durable: Their four-stage coating process and metal seat plate enable a long life span.
- Hardware & Guide: You wouldn’t need to figure out how to fix it without help; the guide and hardware aid simple installation.
- Expensive: They are the most costly set of 2015 tundra side steps in this review.
- Ends not capped: The front ends of these side steps are not covered; water could get in and trigger rust.
- Heavy: Be prepared for some bit of extra weight for these car accessories.
- Rust: These set of 2012 Toyota Tundra side steps could get exposed to rust in severe weather conditions.
- No glossy finish: Drivers complain that the advertised glossy finish appears in black matte when delivered.
- Sloppy welding and pipe cuts
These 2014 Toyota Tundra side steps are quite expensive, but they are produced through a four-stage coating process, and a five-year warranty covers these steps. If anything goes wrong, you always have a warranty plan to fall back to.
- Bolt – on Install
- Hardware &
- Ends not capped
- No glossy finish
- Sloppy welding
3. Tyger Auto Star Armor Side Steps – Best Crew Max 2008 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
These set of Toyota Tundra side steps with holes are uniquely punctured in little star shapes. They are produced with heavy-duty tubes by Tyger Auto. These TG-AM2T20208 2019 Toyota Tundra side steps are available in a two-staged black matte finish. They are not compatible with Toyota Tundra models that have full-sized front doors and narrower rear doors.
- Star design: These 2011 Toyota Tundra side steps are perforated with unique star shapes.
- Warranty: A five- years warranty covers all factory defects on this product.
- Bolt-on Installation: Installation wouldn’t require drilling, cutting, or heavy modifications for the side step to fit.
- Quality: This Tundra side steps 2017 are made from the best heavy-duty materials by Tyger Auto. Whatever you spend in getting this sidestep, you’re assured extreme value for your money.
- Excellent finish: The two-staged coat finish used for these steps ensures long-lasting use without rust in all weather conditions.
- Not fit for Double cabs: They do not work with all models of Toyota Tundra Double Cab.
- Heavy Weight: They are quite heavy, which means extra load for your truck and an additional person needed for installation. The latter is optional.
- Damaged Packaging: These set of 2020 Toyota Tundra side steps don’t have adequate monitoring to avoid dents and damages noticed with the package when delivered.
- Challenging Front install: If you start your installation process from the rear bolt holes, aligning the front bolt holes might be difficult and stressful.
If you own a 07 – 20 Tundra Crew max, these Tyger Auto 2010 Toyota Tundra side steps are a high- quality choice for your vehicle.
- Star design
- Bolt - on Installation
- Excellent finish
- Not fit for Double cabs
- Heavy Weight
- Damaged Packaging
- Tough Front install
4. RBP Chrome Universal Side Step – Best 2000 Toyota Tundra Side Steps
The RBP removable side step is available in Chrome and Black finish. It can accommodate a weight capacity of 350lbs, and it is made of an aluminum cast. It has a removable seat plate that is 3.5” deep and has no welds. It is for universal vehicle application, but it is best compatible with 00 & 01 Toyota Tundra.
- Removable seat plate: The single side step has a removable seat plate for easy re-coating with any preferred powder of your choice,
- Lightweight: The lightweight of this single step wouldn’t cause any heavy-duty hassles for you.
- Universal fit: This single step is not vehicle specific. It can be used for a wide range of cars and trucks.
- Hardware & Guide: All mounting hardware needed for hassle-free installation is included in the packaging of this sidestep.
- Easy installation: Mounting these Toyota Tundra side steps isn’t time – consuming. It only takes a few minutes to get your foothold fixed.
- Single Step: Only one side step is included in a package. You would need to purchase another set for all sides of your truck.
- Not durable: The nuts are fixed on the body, not on the frame, and it could easily fall off.
- Rusted screws: The screws included in this tundra side steps pack are exposed to rust quickly.
What do we think?
This RBP item is an affordable single sidestep that isn’t vehicle- specific. You wouldn’t have to waste your time in its installation process because it is an easy fix.
- Removable seat plate
- Light weight
- Universal fit
- Hardware &
- Easy installation
- Single Step
- Not durable
- Rusted screws
5. TG-AM2T20018 Star Side Steps – Best Double Cab 2016 – 2018 Tundra side steps
This set of Tyger Auto Tundra side steps double cab 2016 is specifically designed for double cab Toyota Tundra with two full-sized doors and narrow rear doors. They have the unique perforated star design of the Tyger Auto star armor kit and a dual rafter system that protects your door underside from defects. These 2008 Tundra side steps can accommodate a weight capacity of 500lbs because they are produced from heavy-duty tubes. With a two-staged powder coating and a black matte finish, these side steps are for long-lasting use.
- Dual rafter system: These 2018 tundra side steps have a double rafter system that protects your door underside from damages.
- Large Weight capacity: These side steps can accommodate up to 500lbs without falling off.
- Warranty: Tyger Auto’s five- years warranty covers these side steps from factory defects and damages.
- Unique star design: This tundra side steps dc 2015 possess a distinctive star armor kit design.
- Superb Packaging: These steps were properly padded and packaged to avoid damages during shipping and delivery.
- Bolt-on Installation
- Heavy: These are heavy-duty tundra side steps double cab 2016, and they add extra weight to your car.
- Tough rear step fix: The bolts of the passenger side step might be difficult to align, causing some installation problems.
- Rust: In extreme weather conditions, these side steps might be exposed to rust.
The Star armor designed side steps are an excellent choice for 07 –20 Toyota Tundra double cab models. However, it is not compatible with crew max Tundras.
- Dual rafter system
- Large Weight capacity
- Unique star design
- Awesome Packaging
- Bolt – on Installation
- Tough to install nutsert
6. RISER Side Steps by Tyger Auto – Best for Crew Max 2017 Tundra Side Steps
These 2016 Tundra side steps are custom made for Toyota Tundra Crew Max with a black textured finish. They are made of heavy carbon steel tubes, and they are available in black textured and polished stainless steel finish. Included in the packaging of these side steps are the mounting hardware and a guide for installation. They are compatible with 07-20 Crew max Tundra.
- UV Resistance: These tundra side steps bed have a UV resistance coat.
- Warranty: The typical Tyger Auto five-year warranty covers these side steps.
- Rust-Resistant steel: These side steps are made from rust-resistant steel. They can stand corrosion and road salt.
- Warranty: These steps have a five-year guarantee on manufacturing damages and defects.
- High-Quality: These 2017 tundra side steps n fab chrome models are made of quality carbon steel and stainless steel tubes.
- Simple Guide: The guide included for the installation of these side steps are simple and easy to follow.
- Not for Double Cabs: These side steps cannot be used on Tundra models with wide front doors and narrow rear doors.
- Only three brackets provided: Four alignment holes are provided on Toyota Tundra to install the Tundra side steps, but just three frames are provided on the steps.
- Length issues: The 5-inch size of these tundra side steps might be too long to accommodate your mud flaps.
These Tyger Auto Riser side steps are UV and rust-resistant. Although the 5-inch size might not work with your mud flap, you can opt for the 4-inch length of the Toyota tundra side steps.
- UV Resistance
- Rust-Resistant steel
- Good Quality
- Simple Guide
- Not for Double Cabs
- Only three brackets provided
- Length issues
7. TG-RS2T40168 Toyota Tundra Side Steps – Best 2008 – 2017 Toyota Tundra side steps
These side steps run from the front of your rear wheel to the back of your front wheel. They have extra pad support and are constructed from carbon steel. The silver 2016 tundra side steps riser model is produced with stainless steel tubes. They are compatible with 07 – 20 double cab tundra. They are available in black and polished steel finish.
- Bolt-on Installation: These tundra side steps dc 2015 do not require heavy modifications to fit your vehicle.
- Warranty: These steps have a five-year guarantee against defects.
- UV Resistant: The tundra side steps bed is protected from destructive sunlight rays.
- Value for your money: The Tyger Auto riser steps are the way to go if you need value for your money.
- Not fit for Crew max: It cannot be used as a foothold for Toyota Tundra models with four full-sized doors
- Might flex: The tundra side steps bed might bend when in contact with heavy-weight.
What do we think?
These step riser series is specifically for Double cabs and provides you extreme value for your money.
- Bolt-on Installation
- UV Resistant
- Value for your money
- Not fit for Crew max
- Might flex
8. MaxMate Silver Tundra Side Steps – Compatible with 07 -20 Toyota Tundra
Maxmate side steps are made of heavy-duty steel while the end caps are welded in with the same steel. The frame of these side steps is a polished steel color while the step pads are made of a rubber non-slip black textured finish. They are only compatible with Double cab tundra models.
- Reliable Package: The pack of these side steps is padded with foam to avoid dents and breakages associated with shipping and delivery.
- UV Resistant: The Toyota Tundra side steps pad is produced to have strong UV resistance.
- Poor Quality Control: There are no proper labels on these tundra side steps double cab 2016, for where each part is fixed. Drivers complain of being confused at first, till they can figure out the mismatched sides.
- Incomprehensive Guide: The guide doesn’t contain clear instructions on the mismatched parts.
Gone are the complaints of faulty packaging or shipping damages with the Maxmate tundra side steps. They are solidly packaged to withstand such issues and are an excellent fit for Toyota Tundra Double Cab.
- Solid Package
- UV Resistant
- Poor Quality Control
- Incomprehensive Guide
9. APS iBoard Side Steps – Best 2020 Toyota Tundra side steps
The APS iBoard tundra side steps are available in different lengths and colors – polished stainless steel, black textured finish, and black steel. They are an improvement for heavy duty running boards because they are lightweight. However, they have a weight capacity of 300lbs. They are made from aluminum, but the seat pads are made with rubber. They are designed for double cab models of the Toyota Tundra.
- Lightweight: Unlike other heavy-duty nerf boards, these Toyota tundra side steps are light in weight and relatively easy to manipulate.
- It doesn’t rust quickly: These side steps are made with solid rust-resistant aluminum and would shine through its life span.
- Easy mounting: Installing these side steps need no modifications or unique expertise. They are straightforward to mount.
- UV Resistant
- Not Durable: Due to the rubber materials used for the steps pad, they are prone to scratches and might flex under heavy-weight.
- Brackets fall off: The frames at the rear end of the side step might fall off if the pad comes in contact with a heavy-weight.
What do we think?
We think you would love the distinctive lightweight and ease in the installation of the APS iBoard for your Toyota Tundra.
- Light weight
- Doesn’t rust quickly
- Easy mounting
- Not Durable
- Brackets fall off
Tundra Side Steps: Alternate Products
The single Bully side step is the best alternative for the 2003 Toyota Tundra side steps single cab installation. It is a universal fit step. However, for a quad cab, you would need to get two sets for both the driver and passenger side. The height of the Bully sidestep can be adjusted to fit any vehicle setting. They are designed with a polished steel finish and a polished aluminum bracket. Although they are hard to install and move a lot even with properly fastened brackets, they are compatible as 2007 Tundra side steps.
These Toyota Tundra steps are available in different colors – gloss finish, polished steel finish, and black matte finish. They are also available in different styles – cab length style, wheel to wheel, and bed access style for 2018 Toyota Tundra side steps with bed step. The bed access style of these side steps has an additional step pad that enables access to the truck bed of your vehicle.
They are produced through a four-staged powder coating process and have a five-year guarantee on its finishing. The sidesteps are made in different styles and are an excellent alternative for the 2008 – 2016 Toyota Tundra model (Double cabs and Crew max).
How To Install Side Steps On Your 2015 Toyota Tundra
If you are a lover of car accessories, you will know the beauty side steps add to your Toyota Tundra. Apart from giving your car that classic look typical of all exotic and high-class vehicles and providing support for passengers, Tundra side steps also serve as a shield to your Vehicle panel. Your Toyota Tundra model determines the most suitable Toyota tundra side steps installation for your four-wheel-ride.
For instance, if you are using the 2019 model, then you have to install the 2019 side steps on your vehicle. If you have the 2015 model, then you need the 2015 Toyota tundra side steps installation. However, if you own a Toyota Tundra with single cab hoop, your vehicle needs the Toyota tundra side steps single cab hoop installation.
To help you install side steps on your vehicle, we would guide you on the 2015 Toyota tundra side steps installation guide:
Step 1: Start by assembling all the necessary tools you need for the installation process. Access the new running board to ensure all the essential accessories are functional and complete.
Step 2: Detach the old side steps from your vehicle by loosening the 13-millimeter bolts that hold the running board tight to your vehicle panel.
Step 3: Check your vehicle to locate where the step rails are fixed on your truck, but if it is hard to identify, kindly consult your installation guide book.
Step 4: As soon as you can locate the mounts beneath your vehicle, then you can begin the installation process. Kindly place your side steps at the edge of your truck, fix in the bolts on the holes provided and secure it tightly. To ease the stress of holding the heavy rail and tightening at the same time, you need someone to help you while you fasten it with ease.
Step 5: If your running board comes with extra straps and bands, it will make it safer. It will provide additional support to the rails to carry heavier loads without subsequent damage. You would need to go through your installation guide book to acquaint yourself with how to fix this additional feature.
Step 6: Repeat the same process while mounting the other side steps.
Step 7: Take a thorough look at your side steps to ensure that they are appropriately fixed and balanced. Step on them several times to ensure that they are tightly secured.
FAQ About Tundra Side Steps
What collapsible Tundra side steps are the best for my 2006 Toyota Tundra?
The best 2006 Toyota Tundra side steps which are retractable is the 3048351 Aries 2 in 1 Board. Just as the name implies, they are two in one collapsible Tundra side steps and can withstand oxidation and road salt. Although they are quite expensive, they are custom made for specific models of the Toyota Tundra.
My friend needs the 2005 Toyota Tundra side steps, and I wouldn’t mind a good recommendation for the 2003 Tundra side steps. Any suggestions for a nerf bar that fits?
The TAC 2005 Tundra side steps, which fit a wide range of models from 00 – 06, are custom-made for access cabs within this year’s models. It can also be used as the 2003 Toyota Tundra side steps for your vehicle. The black gloss nerf bar has a three-year warranty on factory defects and improves the appearance of your car.
Side steps are the best support upgrade you can add to your vehicle. There are several side steps with various lengths compatible with your Toyota Tundra, but your choice depends on your need and the year model of your truck.
In this review, we considered universal single side steps, which are the most affordable aftermarket options available for your vehicle.
If you love the length of running boards, then these brands are what you’re searching for – Tyger Auto, APS iBoard, and Max-mate.