These tailgate assist shocks are adjudged based on effectiveness, durability, and reliability. These products are impartially tested, analyzed, and rated.
There is nothing advantageous about having your truck fall freely to the baseline. Besides having extremely harmful effects on your truck’s tailgate, tailgates without shocks can also cause minor accidents, and make an incredibly annoying sound when released. Deciding on the best tailgate assist shock for your truck can either be a long trip your aftermarket parts dealer, or an agonizing online review of all the available products and their suitability for your truck. Neither of the above is appealing. That is why we have taken up the task of testing the various OEM and aftermarket truck tailgate assist to help you determine the most suitable one for your truck.
THE 10 BEST TAILGATE ASSIST SHOCKS FOR ALL TRUCKS
Best Products Quick Reference Table
The Ultimate Guide to The Best Tailgate Assist Shock
If you are looking for the best tailgate assist Ford F150 2015-2018 models are compatible with, do not look past these sturdy beauties. Beyond any other benefit, the key selling point of this product is that it is an original part from Ford Motor Company for its vehicles. It therefore cannot be compared with aftermarket alternatives that are unlikely to provide better efficiency. This tailgate assist is also inconspicuous and can easily be installed in 30 minutes or less.
The Benefits of the Ford Tailgate assist
- Genuine OEM: Nothing beats a tailgate assist made with high quality specifically for your vehicle. It is designed to smoothly lower the tailgate with a handsfree approach.
- Concealable: This part is not an add-on. The fact that this shock assembly is completely hidden behind the tail lamp assembly makes it more attractive.
- Easy to Mount: An 8mm socket and a Torx wrench are the tools needed to successfully install this part. The installation notes are simple and straightforward.
The Drawbacks of this Assembly
- Poor quality control. A few parts may be missing, thereby hindering the installation process.
- Fall is only controlled to an extent. Once close to its limits, the tailgate drops sharply.
- Tailgate may need readjusting after the installation to get it to close properly.
Where we stand
As OEMs you cannot go wrong with this Ford 150 tailgate life assist shock. Though you may experience a few hitches with the installation of this assembly, these parts should provide you with excellent value for money in the long run.
- Genuine OEM
- Easy to Mount
- Faulty/ missing parts
- Does not fall perfectly
IF you are looking for a tailgate assist offers both functionality and style in its design then this is for you. These shocks are without a doubt among the best Dodge Ram tailgate assist shock. Besides being compatible with all trims of the Dodge Ram model (1500/2500/3500), they are also a quality brand. They are the ideal assist for tailgate drop rate regulation and lifting speed offering no observable resistance when you lift up the tailgate.
Merits of this Tailgate assist
- Installation is easy: All the hardware required to complete installations have been included in the package alongside its guidebook. It can be mounted in a matter of minutes and drilling is unnecessary.
- Easy Operation: A single DZ43301 is needed to hold up your tailgate. It is designed to aid in the quiet lifting and lowering of your tailgate. The tailgate opens to its full extent, leaving you with free hands to support your any items you may be carrying.
- Custom Fit: It is constructed to give a perfect fit for Ram 1500 from 2009 to 2018 as well as the Ram 2500 and 3500 models from 2010-2018.
- Durability & Quality: It is designed with high quality materials for each truck make capable of undergoing the rigors of everyday use. It also works alongside the factory cables.
The Demerits of Dee Zee assembly
- Cable Interference: There are numerous complaints of this assembly preventing the tailgate closing properly. A vast majority of these complaints are by 2016 Ram 1500 bighorn 4×4 and the 2012 1500 Ram owners. This is because the safety cable of the tailgate forms a loop preventing the tailgate from closing.
- Faulty parts: A majority of the concerns faced by users of this product arises from faulty parts. First is the bearing which tends to freeze up over time. Also, after a bit of prolonged use there is a tendency for the bolt to break-off.
If you own a Ram, there is a high likelihood that this DZ tailgate assist is made for you. By installing this truck tailgate assist shock your car’s truck bed is prevented from slamming down violently, an action that poses a danger to your vehicle and you. However, the major challenge with this tailgate assist is with the entrapment of the cable between the strut and truck bed. Apart from this, Dee Zee offers a 3-year warranty and their customer service is impressive. These factors make them one of the best Dodge Ram tailgate assist shocks.
- Installation is easy
- Easy Operation
- Cable Interference
- Faulty parts
If you are looking for a sophisticated aftermarket tailgate assist shock that would fit perfectly into your F150 truck, then the Winunite deserves a second take. The Winunite tailgate assist is constructed with high quality materials to give a simple yet sophisticated look. This assist is a perfect fit for all 2015-2019 F150 models except the Lariat.
- Easy Installation: The entire process of mounting this tailgate assist is likely to consume less than 30 minutes of your time. The only additional tool required is a 10mm socket. All other hardware is provided by Winunite. In addition, the instructions for installation are easy to follow. Drilling is not required.
- Customer service and Warranty: Replacements are free of charge and all issues/complaints are guaranteed to be taken care of within 24 hours. They equally offer a one-year warranty for their product.
- Quality: The technology and type of steel material applied in manufacturing is top notch. It has been tested to withstand wear from daily usage.
- Excessive Resistance: This is not an easy lift tailgate assist as it is often difficult to close. A plausible reason for this effect may be due to the tension applied on both ends instead of just the downward direction. As a result, more force has to be exerted in lifting the gate. This also makes closing and opening of the tailgate slow.
- Product does not fit a 2019 Ford F150 FX4 as the holes do not line up.
- Missing parts: You may need to check all parts and hardware to make sure nothing (especially the Torx wrench) is missing.
- Breaks Easily: The part which holds the ball joint to the upper plate is quite loose. Also, the rod bends easily and may be broken after about 2-3 months of use.
This tailgate assist is highly recommended for Ford F150 XL and XLT. It assures its consumers of safe control of lifting and lowering of the tailgate without increase in noise. Despite its technological advancement and easy installation, it does not allow for easy lifting of the tailgate.
- Bolt-On Installation
- Customer service
- Excessive Resistance
- Missing parts
- Faulty parts
There are few tailgate assist shock brands that offer as much efficiency on the GMC and Chevrolet trucks as the YepWell Truck Tailgate Assist Shock. This product is specifically designed for 2007-2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2500HD, 3500HD and GMC Sierra.
- Smooth operation: The tailgate opens and closes slowly. It works by dropping the tailgate smoothly to ensure that it does not slam down.
- Rapid Installation: This tailgate lift assist is relatively easy to mount and is not time consuming. Hardware required for installation such as the shock, ball mount plate, nut tool and bolt are provided.
- The trunk tailgate assist lift is made of high quality and works in conjunction with factory cables.
- It is not suitable for 2007 Classic models.
- The instructions on its guidebook are not so straightforward. Youtube videos serve as a helpful tool in its installation.
- There may be a few missing parts. This delays the installation process until alternatives are found.
This lift support strut is a great addition to your Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra truck. Once it is correctly mounted on the driver’s side of the truck, it is secure. With this, you can be safely lower the tailgate even when your hands are full.
- Smooth operation
- Rapid Installation
- Not suitable for 2007 Classic models
- May come without installation instructions
Most 2004-2014 Ford F150s run on Dee Zee tailgate assist. They have earned a reputation for their rugged nature and stability. The DZ43200 truck tailgate assist is not an exception. You are therefore assured of safety when you or your kids, and pets are within close proximity to the truck bed.
- Simplified Installation: Installation is made simple by the addition of mounting hardware in the kit alongside the instructions to execute it. No drilling is required to mount this tailgate assist to the driver truck side.
- Easy installation: This Assists supports the bulkiness of the tailgate while lowering and lifting it back up. That way, there is no slamming of the tailgate.
- Custom design: It is designed with high-quality materials to suit every Ford F150 from 2004-2014. It functions properly when merged with factory cables.
- It is not fit for a Ford Flareside and Ford Raptor. However, contrary to the manufacturer’s specification, it does not fit a 2004 and 2005 F150.
- You may need to cross check your kit to ensure that it does contain the right size of parts or tools.
- The nutsert may be difficult to install. Also, the bolt may be hard to take out because of the poor quality of the wrench.
- The cable binds up between the tailgate and the shock.
DZ43200 truck tailgate assist is a must have for Ford F150 2004-2014 pickups. All you need to do is to read and thoroughly understand the instructions beforehand to prevent a strenuous installation process.
- Simplified Installation
- Easy operation
- Tough to install nutsert
- Binding cables
Sachs lift support is simply constructed to give a hands-free approach to the lowering of the tailgate. It is designed to OEM standards and is a great addition to all Nissan Frontiers. This high-quality support has been tested and finetuned for long-lasting and optimal results.
The Countless merits of this tailgate assist
- Excellent Patent Design: It is constructed with a high-quality gas spring mechanism. When the tailgate is lowered to a certain degree, the gas spring kicks in and cushions the weight of the tailgate. This single action gives the tailgate a smooth ride all the way down. The kit also comes with a blue Loctite glue which ensures that the bolt is secure and does not lose its grip.
- Quick Installation: The mounting process is rapid once the instructions are understood. The hardware require has been included alongside the instructions which are well written.
- Added Protection: The kit contains a black piston rod which prevents rust formation. In circumstances where your hands are occupied, the motion of the tailgate can still be controlled without crashing.
- Upgraded operation: It works by restoring the operation of the tailgate back to its original speed. It also has a dynamic damping mechanism. Its performance is trouble-free.
- Compatibility: It is not fit for a 2014 Nissan Frontier and a Nissan Navarra.
- Customer service support: Sachs offers a 1-year warranty in cases where there may be defects in material and workmanship. However, it should be noted that the warranty does not cover items that have been misused or not correctly installed.
The Demerits of Sachs lift support
- The shocks stiffen in cold conditions and as a result, the tailgate pops off when trying to lift it.
- The metal clip/retainer which holds the lift assist in place is fragile and so breaks off easily.
- Quality control is deficient as the kit sometimes come incomplete or with defective parts.
Our overall assessment of this tailgate lift
Generally, we rate this product highly. This user-friendly lift support is designed to equate the weight of the truck bed. You no longer need to hold the tailgate while trying to lower it as the gas spring will cushion its fall. However, this feature may be defeated if the shocks are faulty. This is often the case as Sachs is prone to supplying defective parts. However, the warranty provides adequate protection. They are ideal for the Frontier and Navara trucks.
- Excellent Patent
- Quick Installation
- Added Protection
- Upgraded operation
- Customer service support
- Possible popping off of tailgate when lifted Fragile parts (metal clip)
- Sometimes come incomplete or with defective parts
If you own an F150 2016 and are looking for an ideal tailgate assist shock, then look no further. Indeed, there are a lot of alternative products in the market that serve the 2016 Ford F150 truck. The Ford OEM tailgate assist is one example. However, as far as the 2016 This is the best aftermarket tailgate assist for F150s within this model year. Among the many features that are evident from our tests are the efforts that OMT put in ensuring that quality parts were utilized in the making of this tailgate assist shock.
Benefits of this tailgate assist
- Smooth tailgate function: The tailgate is made of a gas operated shock which protects the hinges of the tailgate from wear. It also permits smooth lowering of the tailgate in order to avoid collision and prevent it from falling freely.
- Easy installation: As far as installation goes, OMT puts its best effort to ensure that customers find the process seamless. All tools required for installation are included with a purchase, except in instances of missing tools. There is no need to drill or modify the body of your car to accommodate the tailgate.
- Quality materials: It is forged with heavy-duty steel material which resists rust. The shock system is sealed and can complete cycles of lowering and lifting of the tailgate smoothly.
- Vehicle specification: This tailgate assist is designed to fit all 2015-2019 Ford F150 pickups.
- Lifetime warranty: The parts of this lift assist are warranted for life, provided the customers maintains ownership of the truck.
The drawbacks of this shock support
- Incomplete tools for installation
Our overall appraisal
This tailgate lift was constructed with the operator’s safety in mind. It has rust resistant features and as such guarantees long-life and a smooth and steady performance. More so, its lifetime support for claims on defects offers great value for your money.
- Smooth tailgate function
- Easy installation
- Lifetime warranty
- Incomplete tools for installation
The Youxmoto tailgate assist is sturdy, decent and can effectively lift and drop the tailgate of your Ram with ease. This product reduces the risk of your tailgate harming you or your loved ones when lifting your Dodge Ram
The strengths of this tailgate lift
- Great strength: one tailgate assist functions per vehicle. It has an amazing quality and is able to control the pace at which the tailgate is lowered and lifted.
- Simplified installation: Mounting this tailgate assist on your truck does not consume time. All mounting hardware has been included.
- Customer service support: The manufacturers of this tailgate assist offer a one-year warranty for all their lift assists. Also, their response to claims are rapid and commendable.
- The package may not come with an installation manual. Also, the missing parts of this kit hinders the procedure.
- Certain components of the kit may be defective or omitted.
- The shocks are prone to freezing. When this happens it becomes hard to open or close the tailgate.
Although the Youxmoto is an ideal tailgate assist for most Dodge Rams, one of the major handicaps has been the absence of an installation manual. This makes installation slightly difficult. However, even though the instructions for executing the installation may be omitted, there are numerous video guides on the internet to bail you out.
- Great strength
- Simplified installation
- Customer service support
- Missing installation manual
- Faulty parts
- Missing parts
- Possible freezing of shocks
Dee Zee truck lift assist is outstanding on all 2003-2008 Dodge Rams. Besides an effortless performance, slowing down the pace of your tailgate, this tailgate assist shock eases the process of lifting up the tailgate. Dee Zee puts an effort into ensuring that the installation instructions are easy to follow. Depending on the year and trim, this is the ideal Dodge Ram and Toyota Tacoma tailgate assist.
The Advantages of DZ43300
- Easy operation: It is structured to work well with factory cables and safely control the opening and closing of the truck bed. It has equally been tested to handle the trucks weight with no crash record.
- Easy installation: Just one lift assist mounted on the driver’s side is sufficient to control the movement of the tailgate of the truck. Drilling is not required, and the entire procedure can be done in minutes.
The Disadvantages of this truck lift assist
- The cable gets stuck between the tailgate and the bodywork. If this cable is not controlled, it could damage the lens of your taillight. Unfortunately, the plastic sleeve that should go over the cable to prevent this is too thin.
- Some key parts of the kit may be missing or faulty.
This DZ truck assist has a modern look which improves enhances the look of your vehicle. Neither does this product fail in quality and performance. Despite the protrusion of the cables, the key flaw with this product, we recommend the Dee Zee tailgate assist to all 2003-2008 Ram truck owners.
- Easy operation
- No-drill installation
- Can be tough to close
- Missing parts
- Faulty parts
This EZ gate assist is specially designed for trailers. It has excellent weight bearing properties and guarantees the operator of safety. Moreso, it is designed with high standard materials to reduce noise and smoothen the operation of the tailgate.
- Quiet Operation: A spring loaded mechanism is incorporated into its design to check noise. It also takes weight off the operator. In addition to this, the spring insertion creates space for the installation of other rail accessories.
- Easy Installation: Just one kit is tough enough to handle the weight of about 180lb.This kit comes with mounting hardware and instructions although, you may need to procure a 10mm wrench and an m5 Allen wrench. Overall, the install can be rounded up in minutes.
- Extra Protection: The EZ Gate assist is built to ease the process of lifting up your trailer tailgate by reducing the actual weight that will have to be borne by the individual. The piston rod is made to be rust resistant. Also, the steel material is coated with a black powder to protect against wear and corrosion.
- Excellent design: This trailer assist is made with a patent design that pulls off heavy lifting and lowering of the tailgate. This is why it is suited for open trailers with round or square tubing.
- Poor quality control: You may need to thoroughly inspect your kit as there may be incorrect, incomplete, or defective parts or tools.
- Only works for trailers whose side rails are between 10 and 24 inches.
Although this tailgate assist is specified for open utility trailers, the siderail height has to be greater than 10 inches. It is a great add to trailers and can optimally support its weight while lifting and lowering the tailgate. This product is highly recommended to all trailer users.
- Quiet Operation
- Easy Installation
- Extra Protection
- Excellent design
- Missing parts
Other alternate products
The shock lift assist designed by Winunite can drop and lift the tailgate of a truck steadily without noise. It is known to prevent slamming while taking up the weight of the tailgate effortlessly. It is one of the best F150 tailgate assist for model years 2004-2014.
Benefits of this truck lift assist
- Controlled movement: It is designed to let down and lift up the tailgate slowly and safely. By so doing, it can eliminate the frequent slam down noise of the tailgate.
- Improved features: The tailgate assist is constructed with a high-grade steel material and has been tested to bear weight from daily use.
- 1 year customer service support: It offers to its customers a one-year warranty. They are more than willing to address your concerns whenever they are contacted.
- Trouble-free Installation: Installation is rapid and should be correctly mounted on the driver’s side of the truck. No drilling is involved, and all the mounting hardware has been provided, including the torx wrench.
Drawbacks of the Winunite assist
- It does not fit the 2010 F150 Platinum and STX.
- Insufficient tools and missing parts have been noted with this product. This is always a pointer to deficient quality control.
Where we stand
Generally, this truck shock lift is durable and outstanding with easy to follow instructions. With the installation of this assist, the tailgate can be maneuvered with ease.
- Controlled movement
- Improved features
- 1year customer service support
- Trouble-free Installation
- It does not fit the 2010 F150 Platinum and STX
- Insufficient tools and missing parts have been noted with this product
Among the numerous strengths of the DZ43204 is its ability to support the tailgate in such a manner that one finger can be used to operate it. It prevents the tailgate from crashing unexpectedly, shortening the tailgate’s shelf life. It is also designed with the safety of the operator in mind.
The Pros of Dee Zee shock assist
- Improved design: It is custom designed for F150 models from 2015-2019.
- Extra protection: It comprises of a single dampened gas shock which cushions the weight of the tailgate thereby prolonging the life of the tailgate.
- No-drill installation: Drilling is not required and only one tailgate lift is sufficient for the task. It is mounted on the drivers end and does not take time. All you need in addition to the hardware are a few simple hand tools.
- Easy operation: This assist is tested and trusted to work effectively with factory cables. It controls movement of the tailgate smoothly and in a way that is safe for kids.
- The brackets are uncoated and so can be prone to corrosion.
- The gas cylinder may be defective. This can affect the way it slows down the lowering of the tailgate in time before it slams down.
- The kit may come with incomplete instructions or the wrong sizes of hardware.
- It produces a loud discomforting noise during its movement.
This tailgate lift assist takes out the hazards associated with the accidental crashing of the tailgate. Following its installation, you will not need to struggle when your hands are full. Also, you will be confident about the safety of your kids whenever they want to lend a hand. Other than this, you need to check and ensure that the kits are correct and cannot hinder installation.
- Improved design
- Extra protection
- No-drill installation
- Easy operation
- The brackets are uncoated
- The gas cylinder may be defective
- The kit may come with incomplete instructions
- It produces a loud discomforting noise during its movement
About your favorite Tailgate Shock Assist brands
Buyers Products Company – Born in 1946 USA, this is one of the best tailgate assist makers. This Ohio based company specializes in the making of truck parts and accessories. They pride themselves as providers of quality products at great value. Their dominant presence over the past 70+ years is largely due to their consistent efforts at research and development.
Dee Zee – Few brands have set the standard in truck accessories as Dee Zee has with truck tailgate assist shocks. They are without a doubt one of the biggest names in the truck accessories industry. Operating from its 1 million square feet manufacturing plant in Des Moines, Iowa, Dee Zee an ecologically friendly manufacturing and packaging techniques. Dee Zee is an Original Equipment Manufacturer for many brands.
Sachs – Sachs claim that their aftermarket parts and accessories adorn over 50 million vehicles worldwide. It is hard to disbelieve them. Sachs brags a rich history commencing with their humble beginnings in 1894. Despite their immense growth and global recognition Sachs has remained a family brand, maintaining the filial values instilled over a century ago.
Yepwell – Little is known about the manufacturers of tailgate hydraulic assist besides the fact that they make the best truck tailgate lift assist for the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra.
Winunite – Otherwise known as the Guangzhou Eurolite Lighting Company Limited. Winunite specializes in manufacturing aftermarket car parts. Despite specializing in auto lighting the Winunite make one of the best for Ford tailgate assists in the market.
The Ultimate guide to installing a Dee Zee Tailgate Shock Assist
Out of the plethora of tailgate shock assists in the market, the Dee Zee is one of the most common. These Truck Tailgate assist shocks are original parts built to work well with the factory cables, with rigorous testing for durability. The tensile strength of this tailgate shock assist is the reason why only one assist is needed to hold any truck. However, the Dee Zee tailgate shock assists success is largely due to one key advantage: ease of installation. Altogether a Dee Zee Tailgate Shock Assist should take no longer than 30 minutes to install. To help with this process, we have provided a guide to installing arguably the most popular Tailgate Shock Assist in world. Kindly note that this installation guide is focused on the DZ43200 and may vary slightly for your truck.
Before commencing the entire installation process, you must ensure that you have all the tools and parts required to complete the process.
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Shock Installation tools:
- Tape Measure
- Torx Wrench
- A Ball Mount Plate
- Nutsert Tool
- A Nutsert
- 13mm Wrench/Socket
- T-50 Torx
- M5 Allen Wrench
- 10mm Wrench
Note that this product can only be installed on the driver’s side of your truck.
- To commence the installation process, you need to adjust the nutsert tool. This is carried out with the help of the tape measure. The purpose of adjusting this tool is to ensure that the distance between the washer and the bolt head is ¾”.
- Once you have adjusted your nutsert tool, we advise that you make a mark on your nutsert. The purpose is to keep track of every rotation and ascertain the number of full rotations made.
- After marking the nutsert, the next step is to have the nutsert installed. Installing the nutsert is provided in a detailed video below. But in summary, heed to the following instructions:
- With the help of a 10mm wrench and a M5 Allen wrench, install your nutsert in the little opening located by the tailgate.
- With the help of the M5 wrench, hold the bolt still while using the 10mm wrench to rotate the nut clockwise. Ensure that the 10mm wrench used is an open-ended one.
- Turn the 10mm wrench 9-11 times (360 degree turns) fully to ensure that the nutsert is tightened. To track the number of times the nutsert has been turned use the mark. Be cautious not to overtighten your nutsert.
- After installing the nutsert, remove nutsert tool.
- The next step involves lubricating the treads of the ball mount. This is done by applying the blue liquid contained in the bottle of your tool kit to the ball mount treads.
- Insert the ball mount into the nutsert
- With the help of a 13mm wrench/socket, torque the ball mount to 8ft Ibs.
- With the help of your thigh, lift the tailgate up slightly as a means of reducing the pressure on the cable. Use a screwdriver unclip the cable from the bolt.
- Remove the cable from the bolt. This can be done using a T50 torx or a wrench
- Install the remoed bolt back through the hole in the ball mount plate and back into the hole
- Tighten the bolt using the wrench provided or the T50 torx socket.
- Mount the shocks affixing the smaller end to the ball mount and the larger end to into the ball mount at the truck bed.
- Install the cable back into the cable bolt.
FAQ About Tailgate Assist Shocks for Trucks
I was wondering if anyone here has installed a Toyota Tacoma tailgate assist and what their experience is. What product would you recommend?
It all depends on the year and trim of your truck. The ideal Toyota Tacoma tailgate assist would be the Sachs SG329900EZ. The Dee Zee DZ43300 is also compatible with some Toyota Tacoma. Since we do not know the type of Toyota Tacoma you intend to have the tailgate installed, we are constrained on the right product to recommend.
I cannot find any information on the best tailgate assist shock for my 2012 Volkswagen VW Amarok. Kindly advise.
Get the EZ Down tailgate assist. Aided by dual valve hydraulic dampers these are easy lift tailgate assists that offer handsfree lowering without any sudden drop at any point. They are pretty durable and will most likely serve you for a long while.
Can you please guide me? I bought a Dee Zee 43300 for my Ram 1500 2017 truck. I was told it fit perfectly. However, I have been struggling to mount the shock for over days. Now, I am wondering if something is missing.
The DZ tailgate assists 43300 and 43301 are compatible with most Dodge Ram. The DZ43301 works best with all 1500 RAM from 2009 to date. Whereas the DZ43300 is the best Dodge Ram tailgate assist for all 2003-2008 Rams. Since you are using a 2017 Ram 1500, the ideal product should have been the DZ43301. This is why you have had difficulties installing this tailgate assist shock.
Who here has used the EZ gate trailer tailgate lift assist? Pros and cons please.
If you own an open landscape trailer, then the EZ gate is for you. This trailer tailgate lift assist will ease the process of lifting and lowering the rear gates of your trailer by approximately 90 percent. It is however unfortunate that the EZ trailer tailgate lift assist comprises of cheap hardware. Hence, it prone to early corrosion.
Kindly recommend the best F250 tailgate assist shock for my 2014 Ford.
The DeeZee 433203 is the best F250 tailgate assist for your 2014 Ford. Besides being a one of the best and most popular tailgate brands, it is the best tailgate assist for your heavy-duty Ford truck.
I own a Toyota Tundra 2006. What is the best tailgate assist I can get?
The Hopkins Easy Lift Tailgate Assist by Go Gear is by a clear distance the most suitable tailgate assist you can get for your 2006 Toyota Tundra. The Easy Lift Tailgate Assist is also compatible with most Full-size Chevrolets manufactured between 1989 and 2006, as well as some GMC, Ford, some Dodge models. It is also quite easy to install this tailgate torsion bar and the entire process can be completed within minutes.
My auto technician recommends the Barricade Tailgate assist for my Dodge Ram 1500 2010. Are they any good?
Indeed, they are ideal for your truck. The Barricade tailgate assist ranks among the best for all Dodge Rams from 2008-2019.
It is tough making a firm decision on the best tailgate assist shock for your truck, with the broad variety of options. The key points for consideration when deciding should always be compatibility, and durability. There should be no reason to drill in when there is a plethora of suitable alternatives. Your truck tailgate assist should not corrode easily or be prone to other forms of abrasion. As long as these factors are considered, and a budget friendly product is chosen, you should be fine.